Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Arvi Laanemets[_3_] Arvi Laanemets[_3_] is offline

Default Random Numbers

Hi

Sorry, I missed the point for sorting at first.

As I found out, it works with my formula too, but you have to sort only my
10 formulas. And they can be anywhere on sheet, or even on another
worksheet.
Btw, I recorded a little macro for sorting formulas, and attached a shortcut
to it - it's much handier this way :-))

Arvi Laanemets

"Tushar Mehta" wrote in message
om...
The sort method doesn't yield duplicates. Since yours does, it doesn't
address the OP's problem!

Tushar Mehta
MS MVP Excel 2000-2003
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins
Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office

In article ,
says...
Hi

"merjet" wrote in message
I would like to generate some random numbers - 10 at a
time - from a list in range a1:a70
Is there an Excel or VBA Ssolution please

Put random numbers using the RAND function in B1:B70.
Then sort A and B together based only on B. Take the 1st
10 from A. Sort again for another 10.

Note: Col B won't look like it's sorted because of recalculation,
but it's clear that A is being shuffled.

Too sophisticated. The formula below will do the same.
=OFFSET($A$1;RANDBETWEEN(1;70);0)

And the weak point is also same - when you put 10 such formulas into

some
range, then how to avoid the that some value is selected twice or trice?
When this doesn't matter, the there you go!

Arvi Laanemets