Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] pfsardella@yahoo.com is offline

Default using cell values to select range of cells

The values are stored in Cells AY1 and AY2. Either syntax will work.

Range("BA" & [AY1] & ":CX" & [AY2]).Copy
Range("BA" & Range("AY1").Value & ":CX" & Range("AY2").Value).Copy

Tested using Excel 97SR2 on Windows 98SE,

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

I need to select a range of cells for copying/pasting
opperations but the range changes everytime new data is
imported into the worksheet. The 2 columns remain the
same but the rows vary. I can calculate the upper left
row number and store that value in a specific cell
location and likewise I can calculate the bottom right
row number and store that value in another specific cell
location, but I don't know how to write the macro code to
assign the values. ex: [range("BA$:CX#").select]
(where "$"= the value in cell AY1 and "#"= the value in
cell AY2. It probably is very simple but I keep getting
syntax errors.