Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
James Cone James Cone is offline

Default VBA crashes Excel

Bura,

I see no code to check for invalid characters in the sheet name.
[ ] : / \ * ? are not accepted by Excel in sheet names.
I don't know if entering these characters would crash Excel, but it sure
would cause problems.

Regards,

Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA
*******************
"Bura Tino" wrote in message
Hi,
The following seemingly innocent routines sometimes crashes excel with one
of those "Send Report" messages. This persists every time Excel is
restarted. Sometimes rebooting the machine helps.
"My Template" is a legitimate hidden worksheet.
Sub gNewSheet()
Dim desiredName As String
desiredName = InputBox("Enter the new portfolio name:", "Sheet Name")
If (desiredName = "") Then
Exit Sub
End If
Sheets("My Template").Copy After:=ActiveSheet
ActiveSheet.Name = Left(desiredName, 31)
ActiveSheet.Range("Response") = ""
ActiveSheet.Range("NameCell") = desiredName
ActiveSheet.Visible = True
End Sub
Many Thanks!
Bura