Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GB[_3_] GB[_3_] is offline

Default VBA crashes Excel

Bura

I tried your code on my machine, and the good/bad news is that it all works
perfectly!

I wish I could get it to crash for you. Have you tried your code on another
PC?

Geoff

"Bura Tino" wrote in message
Hi,

The following seemingly innocent routines sometimes crashes excel with one
of those "Send Report" messages. This persists every time Excel is
restarted. Sometimes rebooting the machine helps.

"My Template" is a legitimate hidden worksheet.

Sub gNewSheet()
Dim desiredName As String

desiredName = InputBox("Enter the new portfolio name:", "Sheet Name")

If (desiredName = "") Then
Exit Sub
End If

Sheets("My Template").Copy After:=ActiveSheet
ActiveSheet.Name = Left(desiredName, 31)
ActiveSheet.Range("Response") = ""
ActiveSheet.Range("NameCell") = desiredName

ActiveSheet.Visible = True
End Sub

Many Thanks!

Bura