Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default Program not working after upgrade

I just tested this
Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\myfolder\myfile.xls"
It could be as simple as Open _ with the space & dash missing or spelling

"Patrick I" wrote in message
The following line of code worked before I was upgraded to
Windows XP and Excel 2002.

Workbooks.Open
Filename:="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\BCC\documents\2004_E _M_Calend
ar_" & reportDate & ".xls"

The program stops at the above line with the message:

Run-time error '1004':

Method 'Open' of object 'Workbooks' failed

The rest of the program works if I manually open the
workbook and continue with the rest of the code. Any
suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.