Dave Peterson

If your dates are in one column, maybe you could use data|text to columns.

Tell excel that its a date (mdy, ydm, whatever matches) and excel may be able to
figure it out.

If you have 12/31/04 in a cell (mdy) and that matches your regional
settings--maybe you could just:
Edit|Replace
what: /
with: /
replace all.

You may want to post more about what your data looks like if this didn't help.

RJB wrote:

I have imported some huge data files, and Excel is reading the numbers and
dates as text. I can click on the Formula Audit Toolbar, and it will scroll
through each cell - all 64,000 of them!, giving me the options.

Is there a way to just blanket the column and say, yes, convert XX to 20XX,
and in the next column, yes, convert text to number, etc.???

--

Dave Peterson