Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BrianB BrianB is offline

Default How to terminate a condition (IF) at its first occurance?

Another IF statement to check the previous cell in the same column.

So, if your formula is in column G starting at G3:-

IF(G2="",(your formula),"")

Regards
BrianB

(Steve Lim) wrote in message . com...
I apologize in advance if this is unclear.

I am new to excel, and trying to do a simple formula. In this case,
its a nested IF formula like the following...

=IF(F3F$2*5,"5",IF(F3F$2*4,"Q",IF(F3F$2*3,"T",I F(F3F$2*2,"D",""))))

Basically the column on the left checks the adjacent column on the
right to see if its 2, 3 or 4 times more than a fixed value (@ cell
F2). If it is, it will stick a label like D(ouble) or T(riple) etc.
The problem is, the values on the right keep accending.. and the label
is valued as TRUE for all of them.. so I get something like

In the left column.

My question is, how can I make excel just label the *first occurance*
of the doubling and tripling instead of all values that are than
double etc.

Thanks.