Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Robertson Jim Robertson is offline

Default Logbook generates runtime error 438 on another network computer

Dave: We had our IT guys reinstall the office XP on the offending
computer and, touch wood, the problem seems to be gone. Looks like his
version may have been corrupt, at least something was missing from his
installation. Thanks for the tip!

Dave Peterson wrote in message ...
If that user who has the problem doesn't save the file, I think that the
original workbook will be intact. (So tell that user to never save when they
get that message.)

But that doesn't help resolve the problem.

Can you find the pc that's causing the trouble and load up the workbook. Then
go to the VBE and look under Tools|References.

Since you're using a listbox from the control toolbox toolbar, you should see a
reference to:

Microsoft Forms x.x Object Library
(Using xl2002, I get 2.0 as the x.x)

Maybe that's missing from that user's installation.

If you create a new workbook on that pc and then add a listbox to a worksheet,
can you get similar code to work?