Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andreww[_2_] Andreww[_2_] is offline

Default Translating Column Addresses into number/integer

Chrissy - many thanks - I'll give this a ago. It's far more elegent than my
rather ham solution.

Regards

Andrew

"Chrissy" wrote in message
There are many ways - this one is easy as you can use the
variables in lots of ways.

Sub MySub()
For xx = 4 To 9 'ROW
For yy = 6 To 16 'COL
If Range("A1").Offset(xx, yy) = Int(Range("A1").Offset(xx, yy)) Then
Range("AA1").Offset(xx, yy) = Range("A1").Offset(xx, yy)
End If
Next yy
Next xx
End Sub

This will check cells from F4:P9 to see if they are integers (they must be

numbers)
and save the integers into the same cells in the range AF:AP9.

Chrissy.

"Andreww" wrote in message

Hi - I have a for.. next loop that I want to shuttle across columns

based on
a supplied cell ref... how do I increment form column to collumn?

For instance I want to move, in a row, allong the columns and when I

find an
integer put it else where on the sheet

I thought it might look something like this:

for zz = 1 to 5 ' The rows
for xx = A to G 'The cols
do stuff
next xx