Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Chapman Robert Chapman is offline

Default test for key press

I have a VBA routine that runs queries in a database
application (QMF) and brings the results of all the
queries back into Excel and processes them. There is no
way of knowing when the queries are finished so the
routine uses Application.Wait to allocate enough time for
the query to run before transfering the data.

A user though is able to see when it's finished and could
press a key (e.g {End}) to tell the routine it can run the
transfer so hurrying the process up. How can I get this
to work? I tried using OnKey and a public variable but
this didn't seem to work and it's inefficient anyway; all
I need is to know at the point in time of the waiting if
the key is pressed. The wait routine would become:

Sub PauseRoutine(pause) (pause = number of seconds)
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To pause
Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("00:00:01")
If [end key is pressed] Then i = pause
Next i
End Sub

Any help appreciated.