Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Newbie : Autofilter thru code ?

Here's an example that I use at work

Sub Area_Code()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
UserVal = Application.InputBox("Enter Area Code")
If UserVal = False Then
Exit Sub
Else
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:=UserVal & "*", Operator:=xlAnd
End If
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

I have this attached to a forms puch button when I want to filter on area
code,
the above use an input box where I type the area code

Obviosuly you won't need that, you could use

Sub FilterMe()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="10"
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

This will filter on the first column, using 10 as crieria.

To reset w/o turning off the filter you could use

Sub Reset_Filter()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each sh In Worksheets
If sh.FilterMode Then
On Error Resume Next
sh.ShowAllData
End If
Next
Range("A1").Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Peo Sjoblom

"Rich" wrote in message
om...
I am using Excel 97.

I am getting started with Excel VBA coding. I wanted to now is it
possible to apply an Autofilter with VBA coding. The reason I asked is
because when I tried to record a key stroke macro with an autofilter,
the spreadsheet did not record something that I can use.

So what lines a code do I need to filter data.