Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark D'Agosta Mark D'Agosta is offline

Default Creating Named Ranges in VBA

Tom,

Yes, I did have "on error resume next" set! Earlier in the procedure I
wanted to clear a range that may or may not exist, so I turned off the error
handler... and forgot to turn it back on! Working much better now. Thanks.

Mark

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(14, 2)).Name = "NewRangeName"
End With
msgbox Range("NewRangeName").address(External:=True")

should work. It always does for me.

You don't have "on error resume next" set in your code do you?

Tom Ogilvy

Mark D'Agosta wrote in message
et...
All,

Using Excel 2000, I'm unable to programmatically create a named range.

have a series of lookup tables which I export from a database to an

Excel
spreadsheet (all standard code/description-type lookup tables). I then

want
to create a named range for each lookup table's data. I've tried both

the
following methods and, while neither generates an error, they do not

create
the named range:

1. MyWorksheet.Names.Add Name:="NewRangeName",

RefersToR1C1:="R1C1:R14:C2"

2. Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(14, 2)).Name = "NewRangeName"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark D'Agosta