Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
J.E. McGimpsey J.E. McGimpsey is offline

Default placing a pull-down menu at a cell location automatically

Note that unless you apply data validation to *every* cell in the
sheet, this can't meet the OP's requirement that the dropdown should
appear when he clicks "on any cell", and doesn't meet at all the
requirement that it appear "when I double click on that cell".

In article ,
keepitcool wrote:

another way:

use Data/Validation.

keepITcool

"J.E. McGimpsey" wrote:

one way:
snAp

In article ,
"Ken Nysse" wrote:

Hi there,

I'm wanting to click on any cell in Excel and wanting a
pull down menu to be positioned over that cell location,
when I double click on that cell.

The pull down menu has a list of values (text values), and
once I select a text value from the pull down list, that
value automatically appears in the cell, and the pull down
menu then dissapears.

How do I code this in visual basic?

Cheers KEN