Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Best way to search/filter a column?

How about putting that list in another worksheet.

then insert a new column that looks to see if the adjacent cell matches that
list.

=if(isnumber(match(b1,sheet2!a:a,0)),"Match","no Match")
and fill down.

(I'm not sure if the list will be the keep list or the delete list.)

Then sort your data by that column, apply data|filter|autofilter and delete the
ones you want. Then delete that helper column.

If your rows to be deleted are contiguous, then the delete will work quicker.

Kobayashi wrote:

Please, I'm only looking for direction as to which method to follow?
I'll do the rest.

Thanks,

Adrian

Dave Peterson