Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DavidP[_2_] DavidP[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2000/VB

Kathryn

I think your posting lacks enough detail for specific answers. I am
trying to improve my VB skills so if you wish to send me the
spreadsheet I will see if I can help you. email to
d.proutXXXntlworld.com. Change XXX to @ to solve the anti spam
address

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:43:22 -0700, "Kathryn" wrote:

There are many sorting options within Excel. However I'm
trying to create a macro, that when executed will take a
small range of values in a column in one "tab / worksheet"
of a workbook, clearing and moving the contents in a kind
of initialization action. The purpose for this is to
create a year-to-date population section of a saved file
using information from similarly formatted files
worksheet's.

Also, I'm trying to set up a way to sort (from a main
input page) a list of data containing descriptive jobs
followed by columns with categories, departments, spending
etc. I would like to import each line item if a specific
category or department input is met. This data will
then be copied and put into named "tabs / worksheets"
corresponding to what category or department was sorted
for from the main input list.

Thanks