Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
motionS motionS is offline

Default auto save-as from external inputs

Does anyone know how excel the excel save-as function can be programmed?

I am working with a design software called SolidWorks, that can create
Bill Of Materials with the option to save as an excel file.
In order to expediate the process, I am trying to write macros that
will automatically overwrite the external excel file once the original
BOM information is changed.

If anyone has experience with programming excel with external inputs or
even just simple macros to automate the save-as feature, please provide
your 2 cents. Thank you!
:)