Jim Cone

Michael,

Piece of cake...
1. Add a scroll bar from the Forms toolbar to the sheet.
2. Format the scrollbar so the minimum is 0 and the
increment is 1. Specify a cell link cell. (say D1)
3. Move the scroll bar over the top of the linked cell.
4. In a cell below the scrollbar, enter the formula "= D1 +1"
5. Add a title above it called "Total Cells"
6. In a cell further down enter the formula "=SUM(A1:OFFSET(A1,D1,0))"
7. Add a title above it called "Sum"
8. Enter values in column A, click the scrollbar.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"MJSlattery"
wrote in message ...

I want to be able to define the number of cells in a column that will be
included in a calculation.

=SUM(A5:A25)/2

So in the above example I have selected 20 cell in column A. I want to
be able to set the number via a slider on the spread sheet to capture
any number of cell below the cell with the formula in it. So, and I
know this does not work but, =SUM(A5:A(X))/2 where X equals the number
of cells that I want included. I want to avoid VBA because this will
update a graph and I don't want to run a macro every time the data gets
changed to update my graph.

I have gone through the Excel 2003 Bible, called MS Office support and
combed the web. There must be a simple way to accomplish this without
a macro.

Thanks to all. Michael

MJSlattery