Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
Garry Jones Garry Jones is offline

Default Lingual solution?

Niek Otten wrote:

Hi Garry,

Your formulas will be translated automatically

Thanks for your answer.

In the meantime I have now seen my work in action in an English version
of Excel. Like you said the IF and etc were okay.

But, I was unable to click on a couple of buttons that should execute
code and bring up users forms.

This was one offending line...

=INBÄDDAT("Forms.CommandButton.1";"")

Nothing happened when I clicked on the button

However, this was not Excel 97 PC Swedish, it was Excel 5 English for an
English MAC. Could that be the reason my buttons did not work or is this
likely to be because of the language problem. I created the file on a
windows 98 pc, excel 97.

I did not have access to this mac for very long today for any further
investigation, I hope to take a futher look later in the week.

Refer to Eric Desart's site to find a translation guide.

I have checked around http://www.acoustics-noise.com/ - is that the
right site?, I can't find a translation guide there.

I know it's asking a lot, but I would be very grateful if you could
download my file and see if the buttons work in English Excel.

In that case it is at

http://www.algonet.se/~morack/league2.xls

It will ask for macros, you do not need to turn macros on for this to
work.

When I know it's working I am going to send this file to England to be
used on a pc.

Garry Jones
Sweden