MJSlattery

Default Set Data Range by Variable

I want to be able to define the number of cells in a column that will be
included in a calculation.

=SUM(A5:A25)/2

So in the above example I have selected 20 cell in column A. I want to
be able to set the number via a slider on the spread sheet to capture
any number of cell below the cell with the formula in it. So, and I
know this does not work but, =SUM(A5:A(X))/2 where X equals the number
of cells that I want included. I want to avoid VBA because this will
update a graph and I don't want to run a macro every time the data gets
changed to update my graph.

I have gone through the Excel 2003 Bible, called MS Office support and
combed the web. There must be a simple way to accomplish this without
a macro.

Thanks to all. Michael

[color=DarkRed]

--