Dave Peterson

If you select column A (Unlocked) on a protected worksheet. Then click on
Format|Column, you'll see that all those options are greyed out.

You can't do this on a protected worksheet.

===
Well, in xl2002+, you can protect the worksheet and allow the user to format the
column. If you have xl2002+, did you protect the sheet that way?

oranskeer wrote:

Yes, it is. But I made sure that column is unlocked and it still gives me the
same error.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

The sheet is not protected is it? (Tools, Protection...)

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"oranskeer" wrote in message
|I have the following code for each sheet in my workbook to make the cells
| grow with the data entered automatically:
|
| Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
| If Intersect(Target(1, 1), [A:A]) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
| Target(1, 1).EntireColumn.Autofit
| End Sub
|
| All of a sudden, it just stopped working and now I get an error whenever I
| click on one of the cells:
|
| Run-time error '1004'
| AutoFit Method of Range class failed
|
| When I press debug it takes me to the line Target(1,
1).EntireColumn.Autofit

--

Dave Peterson