Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JayL. JayL. is offline

Default Sort and delete for a random sample?

All,

I have a repeating scenario I would like to automate.

Monthly I get a spreadsheet with about 30,000 rows by 8 columns. All
Accounts Payable invoice data.

One of the columns (column 'D') contains the initials of a data entry person
that originally entered the data. I need to create a 10% random sample of
each data entry persons work. There are about 12 different people that key
in data that ends up in this spreadsheet.

Manually, I would sort by column 'D' , insert a column and apply a random
function, manually count the quantity of rows per data entry persons
initials and take 10% of that quantity and delete the rest of that persons
rows. Then move on to the next persons initials.

Any help is appreciated!

Jay