Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Baranas Dave Baranas is offline

Default ListBox Rowsource Limitation??

Thanks for your reply Tom. I read through several of your posts on
this subject about trying to get this to work and I tried the 3 ways
below.

It seems like they all want to work and when I step throught the code
they all give me a 'Permission Denied' error when they try to read a
cell of the worksheet.

I put this at the very beginning of the initialize procedure and it
still didn't matter.

I don't have anything protected so I don't understand why this is
happening

I have seen other posts on this but never any clear answer to why. All
I know is that this stuff needs to be done in the initialization of
the form and when I make it the first thing the program is going to do
and this happens, I am starting to believe I am on a never ending
journey just to fill up a listbox.

Any help you can give will be very much appreciated,

Regards,

Dave Baranas

' With Mn.LstWlInd
' .ColumnCount = 16
' .Top = 0
' .Height = 309
' .ColumnWidths =
"35,35,70,45,45,40,60,60,45,55,55,55,55,55,55, 55"
' .List = Union(Range("Wdata!A2:F181"),
Range("Wdata!I2:P181")).Value
' End With

' For Each Cell In worksheets("Wdata").Range("A2:F181")
' Mn.LstWlInd.AddItem Cell.Value
' Next Cell

'IVal = -1
' With Mn.LstWlInd
' .ColumnCount = 16
' .Top = 0
' .Height = 309
' .ColumnWidths =
"35,35,70,45,45,40,60,60,45,55,55,55,55,55,55, 55"
' For Each Cell In worksheets("Wdata").Range("A2:F181,I2:P181")
' IVal = IVal + 1
' .AddItem Cell.Value
' For JVal = 1 To 5
' .List(IVal, JVal) = Cell.Offset(0, JVal).Value
' Next
' Next
' End With

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
You can only use the rowsource on a contiguous range.

You will need to add the items using AddItem and then the list or column
commands.

Tom Ogilvy

Dave Baranas wrote in message
om...
I need to fill up a listbox with columns that are not next to each
other on a sheet

I have used main.lstbox.rowsource = "Sheet1!A2:R181"

then I tried

main.lstbox.rowsource = "Sheet1!A2:F181,Sheet1!I2:T181"

At least that one got by the compiler but I do not get the expected
results instead I get a blank list

I tried using a post where you make a union of ranges but that didn't
work out either.

I have a sheets with 200 columns across and depending on what page the
user is looking at I am tried to load up a list box with different
columns. If I could load up a listbox rowsource from columns on
diferent sheets that would just be awesome!

Any help on this one would be very appreciated

Regards,

Dave Baranas