MrShorty

Glad it's working for you.

I think I figured out why your version wouldn't work. I alluded to it
when I suggested parenthetically to get rid of the quotes around the 0.
The text value 0 "is greater than" the number (or any other number.
Try putting the boolean formula "0"0 into a cell and see what you
get). So the function initially returned "0" (rather than 0). Then on
subsequent calculations, when it checked the G290, it always returned
true, so it never changed. Again, I guess that the act of editing the
cell by pressing F2 caused it to forget its original value, and then
the condition could return FALSE.

It can be an obnoxious thing that distinction between text and number.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181