Ray A

Look at a combination of =if(iserror(
NOt clear without fooling with it how that will work but you can use the
iserror to filter out the #div/0

"texanfanrocket" wrote:

I tried that. The problem might be that all of the 10 cells contain formulas
from different cells. When the inputs for those formulas are left out, it
gives the same #DIV/0! response.

While those responses don't mean anything, it is imperative that the cell
avg. is.

"Ray A" wrote:

Assuming data in A1:A10 In cell A11 use =average(A1:A10) The same applies if
data is in A1:A5 in cell A11 use the same formula. It will not consider blank
cells
HTH

"texanfanrocket" wrote:

I have a formula written in a column ten rows deep. Sometimes I use less
than 10 inputs. I'm trying to formulate an average of this column, but if I
don't input all 10 inputs, my average comes back with #DIV/0!

How can I get this column to average when some of the rows aren't being used?