Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Commandbar Mystery

You could try this:

Close excel
Use windows Start button|find to search for *.xlb
rename it (or them) to *.xlbOLD.

restart excel and load your menu.

If your macro didn't change, maybe it was the file where excel stores customized
toolbars.

If that didn't work, then rename your *.xlbOLD back to *.xlb

(if it did work, you'll have to rebuild any manual changes to your toolbars.)

Quaoar wrote:

Excel XP, Windows XP. I am adding a commandbar item with vba in a code
that has been running for many years. The item does not appear in the
Tools menu where it should be. I can poll the item successfully from
the editor, so it is somewhere on the tools menu, but simply will not
appear. .visible is true. This one has me baffled. I do have Excel
set to show full menus, changing this setting has no effect. BTW, the
code successfully shows the appropriate item on another computer, same
configuration.

Thanks for any help.

Dave Peterson