Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
M. lane M. lane is offline

Default Date problem

Each time I open my worksheet, I make a new entry on the next empty row, I
want to have the date fill in on column D of the current row. I have tried
the NOW() and TODAY() together with IF(ISBLANK), but all previously entered
dates update each time I re-open the sheet.

My question; is there a way to enter a date in a cell that will not update
each time I re-open the workbook, but rather go to the next row in that
column and enter a new date.

I hope I have explained that clear enough, I searched several groups and
only found 1 similar question with a single VB answer which was
nonfunctional according to a reply.