Dave Peterson

I work in the telecom industry.

My department uses excel for a whole boat load of different things.

From doing equipment pricing/costing, to help with calculations during
engineering.

One of the common functions that I use it for is to take data from disparate
sources and to combine them into a workbook that others can play what-if
scenarios. We take data from the AS/400 (MACPAC), mainframe (engineering
files), UNIX (dumps of customer telephone switches) and combine them into a
single source.

I also take data from systems that others can't access and reformat it into
workbooks (excel is THE language of business--don't let anyone tell you it's
powerpoint <vbg).

And there are a lot of adhoc reports that get generated everyday. Just using
excel's Data|filter|autofilter can make looking for information pretty easy.

Mary C. wrote:

I am working on a school project and need different Excel applications used
in different industries and if possible names of companies.

Thank you.

Mary C.

--

Dave Peterson