Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
eli silverman eli silverman is offline

Default Saving a sheet as unhidden in VB

There is a microsoft Knowledgebase article describing
this. I know because I saw it today but can't find it
anymore.
The basic gist of the article was that this occurs when
you use the getobject command and save it using the saveas
command. to correct this you must make the object visible.

if you want to use the getobject and saveas commands
consider the following

dim oexcel as object
dim osheet as object
set oexcel = getobject(filename.xls)
set osheet = oexcel.worksheets(1)
oexcel.parent.windows(oexcel.name).visible = true
oexcel.saveas newfilename.xls
oexcel.close

your alternative is to create a new workbook
dim oexcel as object
dim obook as object
dim osheet as object
set oexcel = createobject("Excel.application")
set obook = oexcel.workbooks.add
set osheet = obook.worksheets(1)
obook.saveas newfilename.xls
oexcel.quit