Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Henry[_4_] Henry[_4_] is offline

Default Problems with SendMail

Douglas,

Try:
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
'send your stuff
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

HTH
Henry

"Douglas Wills" wrote in message
I am having trouble and I hope someone can help. I am trying to email

single
worksheets out of a workbook to individual stores and automate the whole
thing. If I manually select the worksheet and use File - Send To - Mail
Recipient, the worksheet is sent perfectly. I cannot find a way to

automate
this function so I attempted to use SendMail instead.

Whenever I attempt to send something using SendMail, a box appears off the
left side of my screen with a message saying "A program is trying to
automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?" This
message, according to the Microsoft knowledge base is due to a security
update I installed and is designed to prevent a virus from using my

address
book to send out viruses. OK , great, I understand and agree. However, I
can't find a solution to the problem.

I need to automate the sending of a report to each of my stores on Sunday
when no one is here. I have tried to automate faxing, but that is an
inelegant solution and using Microsoft fax, I can't figure out how to
manipulate the box that asks for recipients name and fax number. I would
prefer to use e-mail anyway because then I wouldn't have to worry about

the
quality of the received report. I am sure that I am just missing something
simple.

Can anyone make any suggestions or offer any solutions?

I thank you in advance.

Doug