Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Autofilter Limit to 1000 value

the dropdown shows a maximum of approximately 1000 unique items.

The only work around would be to use a helper column that logically groups
your data, so that no group contains more than 1000 items in this primary
column. The application of filters performs a logical AND, so selecting a
group first, would allow you to see all the possibities in the primary
column pertinent to that group.

In any event, you can always us the custom option to type in any of the
unique values, even if they are not displayed in the dropdown.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ice Man" wrote in message
Hi

I got an excel file that contains 3000 rows
when I do autofilter it gives me onbly the top 1000 rows
Who do I extend the range that autofilter works for

Thanks