Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tony Tony is offline

Default Auto update pivot tables.

Hi,

I need a spreadsheet that reads an external data source to be updated befor
being sent by email.

I have a spreadsheet saved as an xlt.
It contains three pivot tables which connect to CSV data files using
Microsoft
Text Driver.
The CSV files are updated overnight by an external application.
The Excel file is in \\Server\Viewers
The Data files are in \\Server\Data

Local users use a shortcut to open the Excel file on \\Server\Viewers which
the does an auto-update from the CSV files.
That way the the pivot table data is always updated.
(Because I used the auto-update when opening option when I saved the
original Excel file)
All that has been working perfectly for years, locally.

Now I need to send the same excel file to another company by email.
I have succeeded in writing a vbscript that creates a message body and sends
the message and the excel file via SMTP.
Q.1. Does the Excel file do an autoupdate before being sent ?
Q.2 If not, how can I force it to autoupdate itself so the mail recipient
will have the updated version of the data.

I supposed I could get the vbscript to open the file and go into each Pivot
table and do a Refresh (F9), but is there an easier way ?

TIA

Seamus
(I posted this yesterday to excel.misc but got no answers.)