Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeremy Gollehon[_2_] Jeremy Gollehon[_2_] is offline

Default Is refreshing listbox rowsource in listbox click event possible?

Explanation:
The source data the listbox contains is in columns A, B and C of Sheet1. I
use the rowsource property so the listbox list can have headers.
"WorkList" is a dynamically updating named range. When a selection is made
in Listbox1, the selection is moved to the top of the list on Sheet1 and the
rest of the list is sorted. Everything works great to that point, the
problem is that when I reset the RowSource property, the Listbox1 list
doesn't get updated. I assume this is because it is from Listbox1's click
event, as it works if I do the same thing from another procedure. Am I
doing something wrong, or is there possibly another way to accomplish this?

Thanks!
-Jeremy

Private Sub Listbox1_Click()
Dim rng As Range

If DisableFormEvents Then Exit Sub

With Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set rng = .Columns(1).Find(What:=Me.Listbox1, LookIn:=xlValues)
Range(rng, rng(1, 3)).Cut
.Range("A2").Insert Shift:=xlDown
With Range(.Range("A3"), .Cells(.Rows.Count, 26).End(xlUp))
.Sort Key1:=Range("A3"), Order1:=xlAscending,
End With
DisableFormEvents = True
Me.Listbox1.RowSource = _
.Names("WorkList").RefersToRange.Address(External: =True)
DisableFormEvents = False
End With