Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Christopher Weaver Christopher Weaver is offline

Default Comments

This is great! Got a dialog box with a larger input window?

"Dana DeLouis" wrote in message
Would an InputBox work for you?
(This does not use a Set variable)

Sub Demo()
With ActiveCell
If .Comment Is Nothing Then
.AddComment InputBox("Enter text for Comment")
.Comment.Shape.TextFrame.AutoSize = True
End If
End With

Dana DeLouis
Using Windows XP & Office XP
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

"Christopher Weaver" wrote in message
Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.

BTW, what does "%ie~" refer to in the SendKeys?

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote in message
There's some sample code for inserting or editing comments he

http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Plain

Christopher Weaver wrote:
I would like the user to be taken to a new comment, or the existing

one,
of
the currently selected cell. I can get a new comment inserted

With Selection
.AddComment
.Comment.Visible = False
.Comment.Text Text:=""

End With

but I can't get the cursor to end up inside the comment, awaiting

the
user's
input.

--