Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Excel4 Call to get Function String

"Matthew Wieder" wrote in message
That is what I need, but I need the actual string, not aa version I can
reconstruct. The difference is that I need to know whether a single
cell was entered as "$B$1" or as "B1:B1" which are equivalent once the
become passed in as XLOPERS so I need to get the actual string from the
cell.

Hi Matthew,

I've never tried to do this, so I don't know for sure that there's a
solution. The following seems like it ought to work:

XLOPER xlRef, xlFormula;
Excel4(xlfCaller, &xlRef, 0);
Excel4(xlfGetFormula, &xlFormula, 1, &xlRef);

but in the quick tests I've done it doesn't. I'll play with it some more
when I get back home tonight. and post again if I can get it working.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals