Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
solo_razor[_10_] solo_razor[_10_] is offline

Default counting cells and using a variable filename?!?!

hello,

I have a problem with counting cells. I want to count all cell that
have the same value in a particularly cell and then count the rows and
put that number in a different cell (how many rows where count). Also i
want to acces a variable filename e.g.
remind = InputBox("what is the reminder date?")
Filename:="c:\dummydir\reminder\reminder-" & remind & ".xls"
windows(.......).activate
this does not work: windows("reminder-" & remind & ".xls").activate

hope someone can help

Thx