Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
McEve McEve is offline

Default Setting data type

Hello,

I am generating an Excel file from ASP, with data from SQL. I have no
problem generating the file using Server.CreateObject("OWC.Spreadsheet")

The problem I'm facing is that Excel is guessing the data type, and guessing
"wrong".... I need column G to be data type text, even though it is numbers
in this column. Several of the numbers that goes into this column starts
with one or more zero's, which disappear when Excel assumes the column
should be formatted as data type number.

Is there any way I can over ride the data type, so that I can get the
numbers right? (they are zip codes).

A "Public Property Let" value...?