Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Versioning Question

ExcelMan,

Have you tried

If Application.Version 8 Then
UserForm1.Show vbModeless
Else
UserForm1.Show

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ExcelMan" wrote in message
Is there a way to use a VBA feature in Excel 2000 when running in Excel
2000, but have the system not us it when running in Excel 97?

I've created a modeless dialog box for my application. I want it to run

in
Excel 2000 (and it does) but when I try to run the app in Excel 97 I get a
compile error because Excel 97 does not accept the vbModeless parameter
after the Form.Show command.

I've tried containing it in a If statment, but that doesn't solve the
problem.

Is there anything equivalent to the precompiler statements in C that I can
use here?

Thanks.