Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Excel4 Call to get Function String

"Matthew Wieder" wrote in message
How would I write the C++ XLL call that would take an XLOPER (of a
function) and get the string in that cell (i.e. the "=ThisFunc($A$3,
$F$7)") not the value that is returned by that function that is
displayed in the cell.

Hi Matthew,

I'm not sure I follow what you're asking for. Do you mean that if you
have the following function defined in your XLL:

EXPORT XLOPER MyFunc(XLOPER arg);

That you want a char* that looks something like "=MyFunc(A1)"?

That would seem to be self-evident. You know you have an equals sign
followed by the function name and a set of parenthesis containing a
comma-delimited list of the range addresses of the XLOPER arguments.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals