Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Excel to Access Question

The way to do this is use an ADO Command object to send an INSERT,
UPDATE, or DELETE SQL statement to the database. Here's a quick example
based on one of my databases. Note that this code requires you to set a
reference to the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.X Object Library under
Tools/References in the VBE.

Sub UpdateAccessRecord()
Dim cnn As ADODB.Connection
Dim szConnection As String
Dim szSQL As String
szConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=E:\MyDatabase.mdb;"
szSQL = "UPDATE Styles SET JobID = 999 WHERE StyleID = 37;"
Set cnn = New ADODB.Connection
cnn.Open szConnection
cnn.Execute szSQL
cnn.Close
Set cnn = Nothing

Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals
http://www.appspro.com/

"Nonlinear" wrote in message
I have a question about exporting data from excel to access using ado.
i am kind of n00b still, teaching myself vba and vb, but i know
C/C++/opengl/direct3d/java/html/perl/cgi/sql, etc. so i am not a
programming n00b :D well, now for the question. i got sick of
searching the help files and net trying to find a way to change a
record using vba and ado. i use ado to open the database to add
fields, so i am assuming there is a command to search out a key and
edit and/or replace/delete/change the record. can someone inform me on
a good way to do this? i only need to change one record at a time.

thanks!!
Nonlinear