Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting

See one guess at your other post.

Lawson wrote:

I have 2 questions that are probably related to one
another.

1. I would like to know how to change a spreadsheet
from radians to degrees. I am aware that sin(radians(B4))
will do this for me, but it would be nice if I didn't
need to type all that. I know there is a way to set up
your excel such that I can simply type sin(30) and get .5
without converting from radians
2. when I am using 'if' statements, I have some
spreadsheets that work differently from others. =IF(AND
(D111,Q23=1,D10=0),1,0) will return a 1 if the statement
is true, and a 0 if it is false. =IF(AND
(D111,Q23=1,D10=0),1) will ALSO return a 1 if true and
return a default of 0 if false on some spreadsheets, but
will return the word 'FALSE' as a default on others (note
that I did not include the ,0 at the end). I would like
to know how to change a spreadsheet from using one
default value to another (creating links between these
two types of spreadsheets has created many problems).

Any help would be very appreciated

GL

--

Dave Peterson