Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Excess Format Cleaner 1.0a locks up excel and vb editor

Where did you find the addin? Did you contact the author.

I don't recall having seen it mentioned in this group - so I suspect the
probability any knows what the problem might be is minimal. If you paste
the URL, someone may be able to take a look at it. (unless it is a
commercial product)

Tom Ogilvy

Kathy wrote in message
Hello,
I am converting a Lotus 123 spreadsheet to Excel 2002.
Before conversion the 123 file size was 5.5mb after
conversion the file size is 13.5mb.
.
I found an Add-In entitled "Excess Format Cleaner 1.0a"
which when ran in Visual Basic Editor restores the file
to approximately the same size.
This works fine on smaller files, but now it locks up
VBE, and causes excel to lock up when I run it on this
file.
Any ideas??