Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Fagan Patrick Fagan is offline

Default word doc to excel and select 10 random cells, how

Hello. I have a list in MS Word format of a few hundred TV stations
categorized by state.

1) I would like to import this file, which is in three-column format in MS
Word, into Excel.

2) I would like to have Excel randomly select 10 of these TV stations.

I know #1 is relatively easy, although my importing does not look right when
I attempt it. However, is #2 possible? Does anybody have a macro that will
do this for me?

Here is the link to the MS Word file. It is 96kb:

http://workingpapers.org/tester/TVSTATIONS.doc