Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA capture File SaveAs Event

Another option might be to catch the SaveAs inside the workbook_beforesave
event.

If SaveAsUI Then
MsgBox "using SaveAs"
'do what you want
Cancel = true 'stop that save!

You can read a lot more about events at Chip Pearson's site:

Linda Mcfarlane wrote:

In an Excel VBA application, when the user selects File
from the toolbar then File SaveAs, I want to capture that
event. If that's not possible, If I could at least
capture the event when they select File from the toolbar
that would help.

--

Dave Peterson