Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Neil[_11_] Neil[_11_] is offline

Default Best Way to Create Help Screens for Excel Forms

Bob,

Have a look at this page in John Walkenbach's site

Neil

"Bob Kaku" wrote in message
I'd like to create help screens for various userforms I have on an Excel
application. I'd like to display the help screens with the press of a
button on each userform. But, I'm wondering what's the best method for
creating help screens. I've considered the following 3 alternatives.

1. Create help screens that are userforms themselves. That would give
me the freedom to embed .bmp images. But, the text-editing would be
cumbersome in a textbox control.

2. I thought about having a text-only help screens that I can have
executed from using the Shell command. But, the problem is that the
location of NOTEPAD.EXE can vary from computer to computer.

3. I thought about putting all the help on a webpage. But, that could
take up a lot space on the web server, especially I want include
graphics. Plus, I don't how many people would want to refer back to a
webpage for help.

Does anybody have any other good suggestions?

Thanks in advance.