Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt. Matt. is offline

Default Excel 2000 VBA recordset manipulation

Hi all!

I hope this one is pretty simple. I have created a recordset as defined by
the code below. How do I populate the appended field with the WeekNumber
function as indicated by the last line of the code?

Thanks in advance!

cheers,
Matt.
----------------
strSQL = "SELECT ProDate, SUM(ScrapQuantity) AS ScrapQuantity " _
& "FROM qryWeeklyStartupScrap " _
& "WHERE [Machine #] <= 14 " _
& "GROUP BY ProDate"

rsWeeklyScrap.CursorType = adOpenDynamic
rsWeeklyScrap.CursorLocation = adUseClient
rsWeeklyScrap.Source = strSQL
rsWeeklyScrap.ActiveConnection = connDB
rsWeeklyScrap.Open

rsWeeklyScrap.Fields.Append "WeekNum", adInteger

strSQL = "UPDATE rsWeeklyScrap SET WeekNum = WeekNumber(ProDate)"