Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
M. M. is offline

Default "Application.DisplayStatusBar = True" = ERROR

I'm using Excel 97!

Regards,

Milos

"M." wrote in message
Yes, i was declered:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
'
Dim i As Long
Dim oldStatusBar As String
oldStatusBar = Application.DisplayStatusBar
Application.DisplayStatusBar = True 'here program execution

stoped!!!
Application.StatusBar = "Please be patient..."

For i = 1 To 10000
'

Next i

Application.StatusBar = False
Application.DisplayStatusBar = oldStatusBar
End Sub
"Ronald Dodge" wrote in message
Did you declare your variable as a String variable? The StatusBar

property
on the Application is in String Data Type. If the Statusbar is =

"FALSE"
then Excel has control of the statusbar.

--
Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
Production Statistician
"M." wrote in message
I was put command button on sheet and wrote following code:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
'
Dim i As Long
Application.StatusBar = False
oldStatusBar = Application.DisplayStatusBar
Application.DisplayStatusBar = True '*** my program stoped her

For i = 1 To 10000
'
Application.StatusBar = CStr(i) & "of" & "10000"
Next i
Application.StatusBar = False
Application.DisplayStatusBar = oldStatusBar
End Sub

Where did i make mistake? I was copied code from online help about
displaying status bar msg!

Regards

Milos