Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach[_4_] Otto Moehrbach[_4_] is offline

Default How does "Private" work

Don
Thanks for your help but how can I put a sheet macro and a regular macro
in the same module? I can put all the code in the sheet macro and that
would do it. Thanks again. Otto
"Don Guillett" wrote in message
Put it in the same sheet module and you won't get the message.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel 2002, Win XP
I have a sheet macro:
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Call UpdateSummary
End Sub

The UpdateSummary macro looks like this:
Private Sub UpdateSummary()
'Stuff
End Sub

Upon activation of the sheet, I get an error message on the "Call
UpdateSummary" line that it is not defined. If I remove the word

"Private"
before the Sub UpdateSummary() all works fine. I wanted to ensure that

the
UpdateSummary macro was not displayed in the Tools - Macro - Macros

list,
so
I put the "Private".
Obviously there is something here that I don't know. What is it?
Thanks for your help. Otto