SCOOBYDOO

it is a large spreadsheet of over 64000 rows and 40 odd columns and it takes
a long while and then when I look at the task manager is states that excel is
not responding and the cpu usage is 100%!

"Duke Carey" wrote:

What do you mean, specifically, when you same it makes Excel 'fall over?'

I've got to believe that a VLOOKUP is the most efficient way of doing this
and that any other route will impose greater demands on Excel.

"SCOOBYDOO" wrote:

Hi, I'm sure that this works but my spreadsheet is sooooo large, that the
VLookup makes excel fall over - can you suggest another way?

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Create this table in two columns. For this example it starts in cell A1

0 <20
19 21-30
30 31-35
35 36-45
45 46-55
55 56-60
60 60

Then use this formula

=VLOOKUP(age,$A$1:$B$7,2)

"SCOOBYDOO" wrote:

Hi, in col A1 i have DOB, in A2 I have age attained, in A3 I need to know
which age band they fall into <20, 20-30, 30-35, 35-45, 45-55, 55-60 & 60+. I
have tried an if statement but it is not giving me the correct result
(probably due to an error in the formula)!! Any help would be appreciated,
thanks in advance ; )