Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Henry[_4_] Henry[_4_] is offline

Default file names

Mika,

What directory do you mean by "save to *that* directory"
From your original post, I understood that the directory you want to save in
is "H:\A\B\Sept 10 2003\"
The user would have no choice, as the program will save itself.
In my original post, I used Path and Filename as variable names.
These are Excel keywords so are not allowed.
Sorry for the confusion.

Put this in the Workbook Before_Close event

Dim MyPath as String, MyFilename as String
MyPath = "H:\A\B\Sept 10 2003\" or whatever directory you want to save in.
MyFilename = "Sept10-1.xls" or whatever filename you want.
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= MyPath & MyFilename,
AccessMode:=xlShared
etc.

If you want to save the file back to the directory from whence it came
MyPath = ActiveWorkbook.Path

HTH
Henry

"mika." wrote in message
Henry,

Thanks for your response. However, I would like the user
to, no matter where they put the file, to have it save to
that directory. I thought this was possible with
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="Sept10-1.xls",
AccessMode:=xlShared

but I don't think it is saving to the right director,
because when I reopen the file it is not shared.

Any further ideas?
Thanks...