JR

....just format the cells (or the entire sheet) to "Number" and select "2"
decimal places. Select the entire sheet by clicking the button between
column A and row 1, or highlight specific cells, then right click and select
"Format Cells". Go to the "Number" tab, select number and choose your
decimal places.

"Mike A" wrote:

Why is this? ...
In Excel if I subtract, for example, 1282.39 from 1282.40, and the answer
cell is displayed with 14 or more decimal places, the result displays as
0.00999999999999, when in fact the correct result, obviously, is exactly
0.01. What's happening here, and how do I prevent it?
Thanks.